You are here
WHAT: Rally Outside Welcome Party for GE Execs Hosted by Gov Baker & Mayor Walsh
WHEN: April 4th, 2016, 3:30pm-5:30 pm
WHERE: 60 State Street, Boston, MA (near Boston City Hall and State Street Stop on the Orange Line)
WHO: Coalition of Boston area social justice groups and leaders
Community Church of Boston welcomes David Rovics, our continent hopping People’s Troubadour. This deeply and profoundly prolific chronicler of the revolutionary struggles of our times has graced our humble stage and soapbox numerous times in the past. Seek out his voluminous works online, then come hear David live. He will be in full concert on Friday, March 11 at 7:30pm, then he will speak and sing to us at our Sunday Service on March 13!
Liza Behrendt will discuss how Jewish Voice for Peace organize its community while many Jewish institutions actively support Israeli violence? As well as, how church divestment has become a game-changer in national solidarity activism? And how does Islamophobia and racism factor into our organizing? Our focus will be on the role of U.S. Jews and churches.
Music by Aliya Cycon and Ghassan Salwahi
Please join us after the program for a friendly lunch.
CALLING ALL VETERANS
STAND WITH OUR MUSLIM FRIENDS
SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27
TIME: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
WHERE: Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center,
(Largest Mosque in New England).
ADDRESS: 100 Malcolm X Blvd. Roxbury, MA
How can the US stop destabilizing the Middle East and lay the foundation for peace?
The Community Church of Boston is pleased to announce 2007 Sacco & Vanzetti awardee, Chuck Turner, a former city counselor is long-time civil rights activist, responsible for co-establishing the United Community Construction Workers & founder of the Boston Jobs Council will be speaking about "The Fall of the Western Empire
Prof. Van Der Meer with speak on the significance of "Black Lives Matter". He is a is a senior lecturer, Africana Studies at UMass Boston and the former Chairman of the Black Political Task Force of Boston. Professor Van Der Meer’s area of research is focused on African diaspora religion and culture and its image in the mass media. for more information go to our website.
Join Centro Presente and others in front of the State House to stand against the ICE raids that are rounding up and deporting Central American families. who came here fleeing for their lives..
Standout and flyering.
Sponsored by Food Not Bombs and the Stop the Wars Coalition
In November 2015, as the media focused on an upsurge of violent attacks in East Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank, several Massachusetts residents traveled to Israel and the occupied West Bank as part of an Interfaith Peace-Builders delegation.
On Saturday, December 19, at 1pm, activists will gather at Park Street Station on the Boston Common to honor Chelsea Manning close to her 28th birthday.
Chelsea Manning will be celebrating her 6th birthday in prison on Dec 17. She was given a 35 year sentence for disclosing information through WikiLeaks that the US government considered “classified.” They haven’t contested one piece of information in the trove of documents and videos released by Manning, but they simply didn’t want the public to know what was happening in the “War on Terror.”
Thu, Dec. 10, 5:30 pm - Human Rights Day
Boston Common - Park & Tremont Streets
War is not the answer. We should:
- Welcome and fund refugees forced to flee their countries to avoid war and death inflicted by others.
- Isolate ISIS by beginning to demilitarize the region. Immediately end all arms shipments to the Middle East. Weapons shipped to U.S. allies and “opposition forces” have fueled the Syrian War and often fall into ISIS’ hands. Suspend US bombing and military actions and withdraw US/NATO troops now.
- End material and financial support to ISIS and Al Qaeda and their clones. End the U.S. -Saudi Alliance, that has been so critical to the emergence and funding of these forces.
- Support self-determination for Syria. Only Syrians can decide the fate of their country.
- Negotiate an agreement in which Russia, the U.S., Iran and European countries stop fighting to achieve their own strategic goals under the guise of “fighting ISIS” and instead together put their full weight behind diplomatic efforts to end the bloodshed in Syria and Iraq.