You are here
A special evening with Noam Chomsky - all about Gaza!
A special night with
Internationally renowned MIT linguist, philosopher, political dissident, author
Thursday, September 4, 2014
4pm: Andala closes for this event;
6:30pm: Andala re-opens for Chomky event;
7pm: Chomsky "fireside chat";
9:30pm: short, solemn, candelight walk for Gaza (possibly earlier)
at Andala, a Palestinian Coffee House
(Central Square T-stop)
*limited seating; first come, first served;
tickets will be given out, outside, starting at 6:30pm
(so we can know when we reach capacity);
the kitchen will be closed during this event;
the kitchen will open after the event, until 10pm.
Sami Herbawi, proprietor of Andala's, is hosting Professor Chomsky and is inviting the public to come and take advantage of this rare opportunity to meet Noam Chomsky in an intimate, charming setting, and benefit from what he has to say about Gaza.
Please download and distribute our flyer:
* 8 1/2 x 11: http://rule19.org/chomsky/2014-Sept4-Chomsky-at-Andala.pdf
We hope to make this a night to remember!
Our plans include:
- Palestinian music
- White boards on which you can leave your thoughts, wishes, concerns, etc for our allies in Gaza and the West Bank. We will share pictures of them on the internet.
- Skype call-ins from Palestine (after Noam's talk and while he is still here). [not confirmed]
- A short candle-light walk after the event to Central Square. We will have a few dozen glowsticks on hand; please bring your own if can you.
- For those who care to be interviewed, we hope to have reporters and filmmakers on hand to capture the entire evening and to record your thoughts, quotes, cares, suggestions, etc. Soon after the event, we will post and distribute the video as part of an educational outreach program.
[Check our event page at facebook for updates.]
We hope this event will encourage lots of you to join us in regularly scheduled cafe tête-à-têtes to brainstorm and plan additional educational events - concerning not only Palestine but the role our government plays in devastating the lives of all those we share the planet with. Isn't it past time for a grand "citizens rising?" COTW on the move! [Citizens Of The World]
As Chomsky said regarding this latest assault on Gaza (2014):
"the US and Israel are morally degenerate."
We can't live with that. Can you?
Andala will put out a guestbook for you to sign.