1. We will have a response demonstration to obama’s announcement on troop withdrawals in Afghanistan: 5pm park street the day after. Cole will put out press release. Need people to make press calls in am. We will followup demo with a discussion of developing relationships with the press.
2. Libya demonstration june 27 as original U.N. authorization ends
3. Syria educational: Elaine can’t speak so cole will ask shelagh to contact the Syrian woman who leafleted our demos.
4. BDS: asking people who signed original letter to Harvest food coop to send out a mailing asking people to support the boycott of Israeli hummus at harvest. We need to get enough signatures on the petition to get Harvest to conduct a referendum. OK to send this message to the UJP “big list”
5. Flotilla support: we should send out nancy murray’s alert on the flotilla to the big list and then send out the next alert and evaluate whether to keep sending alerts. Also, cole is posting ridgely’s blog on the web site.
6. We will send out Thea’s request to call kerry in opposition to his plan to have a resolution passed to support obama on the libya war.
7. Duncan reports that keith Harvey offered to let us split an office with the world federalists. We need an office for data entry work, keeping records, etc. we agree to take up keith’s offer and have or office here at afsc starting July 1, 2011
8. October 1 conference. Committee consists of Duncan, shelagh and ann:
· Possible title: “The endless wars and occupations: How did we get here and what is the way forward?”
· First panel: First panel: Kathy Kelly, ann wright and Rami……?
· 10:15-11:45: workshops
· Noon: Chomsky
· 1pm: lunch
· 2pm workshops
· 3pm final panel: the war at home: 3 of the following: Michael macpherson, jo commerford, george Gresham, ben jealous, will Hopkins or ross caputi of IVAW, someone from centro presente
· ask each ujp task force to do a workshop; ask each ‘piece’ of ujp if they are interested in helping organize a workshop; make sure community groups have a way of recruiting new members.
· Location: Ian at BU thinks he can get a space for us. Many other places still need to be checked out
9. We vote to send $75 to the quaker meeting for the last 2 programs we did there.
10. UNAC will hold local demonstrations around the country on October 15 commemorating the anniversary of the start of the war against Afghanistan. On nov. 11-13 there will be held the next general meeting of UNAC. And UNAC will issue a call for a national demonstration when NATO meets in the u.s. in Chicago.
11. State referendum on military spending being organized for the 2012 election: paul asks for themes that people want in the wording of any such referendum.