Making sense of these crazy elections... Where do our social movements in Boston go from here? What role might "One Nation Working Together" play in this dangerous time?
The "One Nation Working Together" rally brought together an unprecedented progressive coalition in Washington on October 2. Nationally, One Nation plans to continue its ambitious collaboration effort after the November election - when such collaboration between labor, civil rights, environmental, socal justice, housing, peace, and youth groups will be more important than ever.
The speakers represent Massachusetts groups that collaborated on One Nation. The forum will assess the election results and their impact on our movements' political environment, suggest ways that our movements can response together in 2011 to the many challenges we face, and examine whether One Nation might play a role in our efforts to unite social movements here in Massachusetts.
- Juan Cofield, New England Area Conference NAACP
- Maria Elena Letona, Immigrants Rights Activist
- Russ Davis, Jobs with Justice
- Grace Ross, Mass. Alliance Against Predatory Lending
- Steve Meacham, City Life/Vida Urbana
- Lew Finfer, Mass. Communities Action Network
- Enid Eckstein (invited), SEIU 1199
- Peter Brooks, Watertown Citizens for Environmental Safety
- Mike Prokosch, Fund our Communities/Cut Military Spending 25%
- Mark Solomon, Majority Agenda Project
For more information visit www.majorityagendaproject.org or call (617)482-6300
Sponsored by The Majority Agenda Project