You are here
International Day of Action for a Nuclear-Free World
Join with thousands from around the world for an International Day of Action. Bring your posters, your drums, your children and your neighbors to say to the world and the leaders who will come to the UN for the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty:
• We want a Nuclear Free Future!
• Fund Human Needs, Not War!
• End the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan!
• Protect the planet instead of destroying it with war and nuclear proliferation!
The rally begins at 2:00 with speakers, performers and greetings from the international delegations. At 3:30, we will march across town to the United Nations ending with the International Peace & Music Festival. There will be music from around the world as well as tents and tables with information and organizing resources so that we can continue our work for a safe, nuclear-free, peaceful and just world for all!
On May 2, join people from around the world for an afternoon of action!
1:30 PM › Assembly (7th Ave + South of 41st St)
2:00 – 3:30 PM › Rally
3:30 PM › March across 42nd Street to the United Nations
4:00 – 6:00 PM › International Peace & Music Festival in Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
Speakers and musicians include:
• Tadatoshi Akiba, mayor of Hiroshima, and Tomihisa Taue, mayor of Nagasaki
• Nadine Padilla, activist addressing uranium mining in Native American communities
• Kimura Hisako, survivor of the atomic bomb in Hiroshima
• Raed Jarrar, Iraqi blogger and political analyst
• Maryam Shansab, Afghan-American activist
• Pierre Djédji Amondji, Governor of the district of Abidjan in Ivory Coast
• Tatsumaki, rock band from Nagasaki
• The Recipe, spoken word duo from Kansas City, MO
At the Peace Festival, there will be tents and tables that will provide information and organizing resources so that we can continue our work for a safe, nuclear-free, peaceful and just world for all! There will be a tent with the Japanese delegation including Hibakusha (survivors of the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki) as well as many other issue based tents and tables.
Reserve a bus seat from Boston to New York! (deadline April 26)
Help us spread the word! Download Fliers Here.
Sign up to volunteer by contacting email@example.com.